Our Welfare Advice Service is available to everyone living with MS.
We provide a non-judgemental, knowledgeable, and supportive service to discuss benefits and accessing financial help.
- Assist you in recognising and applying for appropriate benefits and grants.
- Support you in completing forms and online applications for
- Adult Disability Payment
- Employment & Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Attendance Allowance
- Help you with paperwork in the Department of Work and Pensions appeal process.
- Act in an advocacy capacity in dealing with councils and social work departments.
- Help with general budgeting guidance so you can keep on top of your finances.
- Provide guidance with early retirement through ill-health and general support on pension access.
- Represent you at Tribunals for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and for Employment & Support Allowance.
- Assist you with any other financial and welfare matters including applying for a Blue Badge, Bus Pass or Council Tax Reduction due to disability.
- Offer support to family members of those affected by MS, for example, Carer’s Allowance and other mainstream benefits.
Our Welfare & Benefits team provide support for people affected by MS. If you are not affected by MS, you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau or Money Matters for guidance.